The 56th Edition of the British National Formulary is currently being printed and distributed.
New or revised content in this version includes:
- Lipid-regulating drugs for prevention of cardiovascular disease
- Atrial fibrillation
- Application and labelling of topical corticosteroids
- Human papilloma virus vaccine
- Safety advice on erythropoietins and hypersensitivity to penicillins and cephalosporins
- Updated tables for acute asthma management and HRT risk
The print version is distributed by the Department of Health to Dentists, Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists providing NHS services.
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 56 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.