The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has published Drug Safety Update Issue 2 (PDF).
This second issue contains the following drug safety advice articles:
- Hormone-replacement therapy (HRT): updated advice
- Tibolone: benefit-risk balance
- Desmopressin nasal spray: removal of nocturnal enuresis indication
- Pabrinex: allergic reactions
- Corticosteroids: early psychiatric side-effects
In addition, this issue contains information about Yellow Card Scheme reporting, a hot topic focussing on duloxetine and a summary of recent communications sent from the MHRA.
Action: All clinicians will find this publication useful. Of particular note in this issue is the table of risks and benefits of HRT which details the additional cancer and cardiovascular risks of HRT compared to the benefits for fractures and colorectal cancer.