The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has published Drug Safety Update Issue 3 (PDF).
This third issue contains the following drug safety advice articles:
- Piroxicam: new restrictions, including specialist initiation
- Ketoprofen and ketorolac: gastrointestinal risk
- Inhaled corticosteroids: pneumonia
- Pneumovax II: tolerability of re-vaccination
- Bisphosphonates: osteonecrosis of the jaw
- Lorazepam: reduction of recommended maximum daily dose
In addition, this issue contains hot topics focussing on rare but serious risks posed by botulinum toxin products and cardiovascular safety and fracture risk update rosiglitazone and pioglitazone and a pointer to the prescribing update regarding hepatotoxicity with lumiracoxib.
Action: Clinicians will find this publication to be a useful review of current issues in drug safety.
|« Another glitazone meta-analysis||Type 2 Diabetes - Update »|