This issue covers many topics including:
- A New Vision for the NHS - discussion of the report into the NHS compiled by Lord Darzi
- Alcohol related harm - summary of a recent public health report into alcohol consumption and harm
- Tackling TB - sign post to a commissioning framework for specialist tuberculosis centres and to raise awareness of TB among the public and healthcare professionals
- Hand hygiene - announcing the extension of the National Patient Safety Agency (NPSA) campaign to improve hand hygiene to combat healthcare-associated infection
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - raising awareness among healthcare professionals and sign post information compiled by the Health Protection Agency
Action: Clinicians will find some useful content in this issue of the CMO Update. Readers can opt to be notified by e-mail when future issues are published.
|« Statins are effective and safe||Hepatitis C awareness campaign »|