The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has published Drug Safety Update Issue 4 (PDF).
This fourth issue contains the following drug safety advice articles:
- Fibrates: new prescribing advice
- Lumiracoxib: hepatotoxicity
- Ceftriaxone: incompatibility with calcium-containing solutions
- Codeine: very rare risk of side-effects in breastfed babies
- St John's wort: interactions with all antiepileptics
In addition, this issue contains hot topics focussing on some illegal herbal remedies and new restrictions of nasal decongestants. There is also a reminder to prescribers about the co-proxamol withdrawal.
Action: Clinicians will find this publication to be a useful review of current issues in drug safety.
|« October CKS Update||Rosuvastatin disappoints in HF »|