The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) has published Drug Safety Update Issue 5 (PDF).
This fifth issue includes the following drug safety advice articles:
- Recombinant human erythropoietins: new prescribing advice
- Rosiglitazone and pioglitazone: cardiovascular safety
- Dosulepin: measures to reduce risk of fatal overdose
- ACE inhibitors and angiotensin II receptor antagonists: not for use in pregnancy
- Short-acting Î² agonists: myocardial ischaemia
In addition, this issue contains hot topics focussing on potential side effects of varenicline and balancing of cardiovascular and gastrointestinal risks of NSAIDs. There is also a reminder to prescribers about the withdrawal of lumiracoxib and the risk of severe allergic reactions with strontium ranelate.
Action: Clinicians will find this publication to be a useful review of current issues in drug safety.
|« Topiramate for migraine prevention||MeReC Extra 30 »|