The 55th Edition of the British National Formulary is currently being printed and distributed.
New or revised content in this version includes:
- Updated advice for anaphylaxis treatment with adrenaline
- Revision of advice for prevention of endocarditis
- Prevention of neural tube defects with folic acid
- Additional prescribing guidance following recent safety concerns with erythropoietins
- Revised guidance for heart failure and stable angina and acute coronary syndromes taking into account recent SIGN Guidelines
The print version is distributed by the Department of Health to Dentists, Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists providing NHS services.
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 55 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.
|« MeReC Extra 32||MeReC Bulletin - Infestations in Primary Care »|