The British National Formulary for Children has been updated, published and made available online.
Hard copies can be ordered from the publishers however many NHS staff will already have received a free hard copy through usual channels and can also access the online version at http://www.bnfc.nhs.uk.
Updates in this revision include:
- Details of a new immunisation schedule for vaccination against the human papilloma virus
- Revised guidance on the treatment and prevention of urinary-tract infections
- New advice on the use of all forms of contraception, including emergency contraception
- A new section on the treatment of pelvic inflammatory disease to further expand the guidance on management of sexually transmitted infections
- More information on the administration of continuous IV infusions in neonatal intensive care to reduce medication errors when calculating infusion rates
Action: BNFC is the primary source of prescribing information when prescribing to all children up to the age of 18 years.
|« August CKS Update||Triglyceride Factfile »|