The bulletin aids the implementation of the recent Lipid Modification issued by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE). It covers the following:
- Which CVD risk prediction tool to use
- Identification of individuals appropriate for risk assessment
- How to formally assess CV risk
- How to calculate CV risk for patients with type 2 diabetes
- How to communicate the calculated CV risk to patients
Action: Any clinician involved in calculating and communicating CV risk to patients will find this summary useful. It also contains pointers to resources that will make the risk prediction process and communication of that risk easier.
|« Drug Safety Update - August 2008||Seasonal 'flu update »|