The 57th Edition of the British National Formulary is currently being printed and distributed.
New or revised content in this version includes a revised layout for chapter 14 - Immunological products and vaccines and:
Updated Prescribing information for:
- Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome
- Emergency use of oxygen
- HIV infection
- Oral antidiabetic drugs in pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Prevention of osteoporotic fractures in postmenopausal women
New safety information for:
- Fibrotic reactions and ergot-derived dopamine receptor agonists
- Tendon damage with quinolones
The print version is distributed by the Department of Health to Dentists, Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists providing NHS services.
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 57 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.
|« Lifestyle advice overlooked in diabetes?||Newer insulins no better »|