The 58th Edition of the British National Formulary is currently being printed and distributed.
New or revised content in this version includes updated Prescribing information for:
- Management of arrhythmias
- Management of acute and chronic asthma
- Clostridium difficile infection
- Hospital-acquired pneumonia
- Adjustment of drug dosages in renal impairment
- Wound management products and elasticated garments
The print version is distributed by the Department of Health to Dentists, Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists providing NHS services.
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 58 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.