The British National Formulary for Children 2010-2011 has been updated, published and made available online.
Update prescribing information in this revision include:
- Equivalent doses of morphine sulphate and diamorphine hydrochloride table: the table has been updated to improve clarity
- Constipation: advice now takes into account the recommendations of the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE)
- Melatonin: shared-care protocol that specify the manufacturer for the melatonin to be dispensed in the community are recommended
- Paracetamol: dosage advice is now simpler, clearer and more consistent
- Vaccinations in preterm babies: routine immunisation is recommended based on actual date of birth. The increased risk of apnoea in preterm babies is also highlighted with advice on how this should be managed
Action: BNFC is the primary source of prescribing information when prescribing to all children up to the age of 18 years.
|« FDA to review ARB cancer link||MeReC Bulletin - Advanced Wound Dressings »|