The 60th Edition of the British National Formulary was published in September and is currently being distributed within the NHS.
New or revised content in this version includes updated advice regarding:
- Use of beta-blockers in patients with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Prophylaxis of venous thromboembolism
- Antiplatelet drugs in patients with a coronary stent
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Neuropathic pain
- Influenza vaccination
- Meningococcal A, C, W135, and Y conjugate vaccine
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 60 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.