Clinical Knowledge Summaries (CKS) has been further updated in March 2011 for the following clinical areas:
- Bruising (new)
- Chest pain (new)
- Contraception - emergency
- Meningitis (bacterial)/meningococcal septicaemia (new)
- Osteoporosis - prevention of fragility fractures (new)
Contraception is now covered in seven separate topics but there are no changes to the recommendations.
- Contraception - assessment
- Contraception - barrier methods and spermicides
- Contraception - combined hormonal methods
- Contraception - IUS/IUD
- Contraception - natural family planning
- Contraception - progestogen-only methods
- Contraception - sterilization
Action: Clinicians who see patients with any of these conditions may find the new and updated information useful when reviewing current clinical practice.
|« JCVI advice on the pneumococcal vaccination programme||Drug Safety Update - April 2011 »|