The 61st Edition of the British National Formulary has been published and it is expected that it will soon be distributed within the NHS.
New or revised content in this version includes updated advice regarding:
- Management of stroke
- Antiepileptic medication in pregnancy
- Rosiglitazone withdrawal
- Drug interactions with combined hormonal contraceptives
- Cautionary and advisory labels
- Reorganisation of the Substance misuse section
- New look for table summarising antibacterial therapy
- Combined oral contraceptives tabulated
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 61 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.
|« CKS Update - March 2011||SMC Update - March 2011 [updated] »|