The British National Formulary for Children 2011-2012 has been updated, published and made available online.
Update prescribing information in this revision include:
- The addition of symbols indicated the schedule for all controlled drugs throughout the BNFC
- Updated guidance on the use of antiepileptic medication in pregnancy
- Updated guidance on the pre-hospital management of bacterial meningitis
- Updated guidance on the treatment of HIV infection
- Updated advice on the interactions of combined hormonal contraceptives and progestogen-only contraceptives
- Updated advice on the management of nocturnal enuresis
- A revised set of cautionary and advisory labels
- A new look for table summarising antibacterial therapy
Action: BNFC is the primary source of prescribing information when prescribing to all children up to the age of 18 years.