The 63rd Edition of the British National Formulary has been published and it is currently being distributed in the NHS.
New or revised content in this version includes updated advice in the following areas:
- Using bowel cleansing preparations with other oral drugs
- Advice regarding antiepileptic hypersensitivity syndrome
- Application of the ‘less suitable for prescribing’ symbol to stavudine
- Use of antithyroid drugs in pregnancy
- Prescribing notes for hypertension, oral anticoagulants and stable angina
- Several updates based on NICE Guidance
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 63 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.
|« Prodigy update - April 2012||SMC Update - April 2012 »|