The 65th Edition of the British National Formulary has been published and it is currently being distributed in the NHS.
New or revised content in this version includes updated advice in the following areas:
- Updated guidance on pain management in palliative care
- Updated advice on the management of hereditary angioedema
- Revised guidance on the treatment of endocarditis
- Updated advice on the risk of malignancy with long-term use of calcitonin
- Several new drugs or indications have been added
Action: All clinicians should start using BNF 65 as soon as the print version arrives. The web version can be used to access the latest information if necessary.
|« SMC Update - April 2013||Guidance on Patient Specific Directions »|