The hard copy of the British National Formulary for Children 2016-2017 has been updated and published. Electronic versions are updated monthly.
Significant changes in this revision include:
- New safety information about the risk of abnormal pregnancy outcomes with sodium valproate and valproic acid
- Updated guidance for conditions including asthma and obesity
- Updated pregnancy-prevention advice for patients taking mycophenolate mofetil
- New drug monographs including cholic acid
- New indications for adalimumab including chronic plaque psoriasis
- New safety information about the risk of osteonecrosis of the external auditory canal with bisphosphonates
- Guidance on suspected or confirmed drug allergies
- Evidence grading of BNF recommendations
Action: BNFC is the primary source of prescribing information when prescribing to all children up to the age of 18 years.
|« Drug Safety Update - October 2016||CKS Updates - October 2016 »|