During June 2021 Clinical Knowledge Summaries were updated in the following areas.
- Anal fissure
- Contraception - assessment
- Contraception - sterilization
- Greater trochanteric pain syndrome
- Vitamin D deficiency in adults
- Vitamin D deficiency in children
- Whitlow (staphylococcal and herpetic)
All topics have been reviewed and updated in keeping with current guidance with minor layout changes. The Vitamin D deficiency in adults topic has updated the recommendation on who should take year-round vitamin D supplementation for the prevention of vitamin D deficiency, in line with PHE guidance. And the Vitamin D deficiency in children topic has changed the recommended dose for vitamin D supplementation for prevention of vitamin D deficiency in line with ROS guidance.
Action: Clinicians who see patients with any of these conditions may find the new and updated information useful when reviewing current clinical practice.
|« NICE Guidance - June 2021||Drug Safety Update - July 2021 »|