During July 2021 Clinical Knowledge Summaries were updated in the following areas.
- Boils, carbuncles, and staphylococcal carriage
- Contraception - barrier methods and spermicides
- Contraception - natural family planning
- Head injury
- Olecranon bursitis
- Osteoporosis - prevention of fragility fractures
- Otitis media with effusion
- Pancreatitis - acute
All topics have been reviewed and updated in keeping with current guidance with minor layout changes. The two Contraception topics have been updated to remove retired Quality and Outcomes Framework (QOF) indicators. The Pancreatitis - acute topic has been updated in line with the NICE guideline on Pancreatitis.
Action: Clinicians who see patients with any of these conditions may find the new and updated information useful when reviewing current clinical practice.
|« NICE Guidance - July 2021||SMC Update - August 2021 »|